Friday, August 26, 2011

Closure.

They say time heals everything. As time passes by I realize things that I didn't before. It may be months or years, and sometimes even days, but as time passes by I get closure and I am able to move on. After every core-of-my-life-shattering episode that I have been through, I have managed to take away some good from it. Some lesson, or some character of mine that I never knew I had. I believe that every bad has something good in it if you care to look deeper.

I don't just believe everything happens for a reason, I now know that everything happens for a reason. When I tell this to people they say "oh that's stupid. This, this and this happened in my life, what do you think the reason is?". You need to look closely within yourself to know what the reason is. An outsider can't point what it is. If you search for a reason and if your intentions are right then you will always find a reason. If not a reason, then a lesson. A lesson that you can carry with you through your life. A lesson that will ultimately make you a better person and a lesson that will, either directly or indirectly, influence the decisions you make.

So many many times in my life I've had revelations from incidents that happened years back. I keep carrying the pain and the disappointment for so long but once you achieve closure and satisfaction, the contentment you get is immense.

It is very hard to let the bitter feelings go. It is very easy to forget but it is very very hard to forgive. But every once in a while you need to let that feeling of resentment go. Possibly to make room for new ones, but that is not the point!

The point is letting go. Of a person, an idea or a feeling. It definitely isn't the easiest thing to do in the world. But once you overcome the bitterness, once you overcome the soreness, you will see everything in a much clearer light. The load will be lifted off your shoulder, the chain around your heart will be unlocked and you will realize that the day has never been brighter than this.

2 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

"It is very easy to forget but it is very very hard to forgive" - exactly my point.

What do we do when we hate a person so much (for good reason) that even thinking random thoughts with them in it brings up hot, bitter bile?

How do we get closure for that kind of hate?
It hasn't lessened with time.

Anonymous said...

Salam, sister! Greetings from the far away Brazil!
I also agree with you, everything happens for a reason, but we have to be strong in our faith.

Once I had a friend from Madras, a chemistry teacher...Oh! That was a long time ago.

Eid Mubarak! Visit me, too:
http://denisebomfim.blogspot.com