Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bright Star

BRIGHT STAR

Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art--
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priest like task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
No--yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever--or else swoon to death.

John Keats



I just finished watching this movie called Bright Star and I have to say, this has to be the best romantic movie I have ever seen. The subtlety of the entire movie was amazing. Each character was etched out so beautifully. The movie is based on the last few years of in the life of John Keats, the renowned poet and his relationship with Fanny Brawne. Unfortunately it ends due to the untimely death of Keats at a very young age.

This is one movie I have seen that had no flairs or even fancy costumes given that its a period film. The locations were breath taking. There was so much drama between the two main characters without being overly dramatic.

This is such a wonderful movie. The dialogues are perfect. And the mild touch of humor makes what might seem another period drama easier to digest.

Overall this is such a beautiful movie. I am just so taken in by it I really have no words to say now.. *sigh*

No comments: