Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Summer Wind

If there is one thing Madras totally owns, it's summer. Complain all you want about the heat, sweat and power cuts but you know that Madras is in her best during this season. Summer is for lazy afternoons spent watching movies on Sun TV. It's when fruit sellers spring up in every street corner selling luscious mangoes and gorgeous watermelons. Summer is when you can see the trees proudly displaying their flowers. Thank God for the old Madras corporation/people who have planted bouganvillas and flame of the forest on every street.

I become very nostalgic during summer. The best parts of my childhood were spent making the most of what little I had and now that I'm all "grown up" I feel that longing for a simpler time when I didn't have to think about the future and take life changing decisions. All I thought about was when the elani man will come and if there is enough porri urundai to share with my friends.

I know this is all a part of growing up but I just want to stop for minute and take a breather. It's hard to accept that the most carefree days of our lives are over. Only a few weeks in to this blazing season and already my stress levels are haywire. 

In the midst of all the craziness that surrounds me I just want to give a big non-physical hug to a very beautiful, very special girl who means the world to me. All I want to tell you is to keep the faith and just soldier on. There are so many wonderful things ahead of you once you get past all the darkness. I want you to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and its the brightest, most blindingly awesome light that you've ever seen. Just know that I love you irrespective of how many people you are. You are the kindest, smartest person I know. Big things are going to happen in your life. I just know it. You are the kind of person that deserves all the good that comes their way. Just know that I love you and I will forever be your bum chum.

I know how depressed you are so I'm sending some sunshine your way. Remember, the sky is not the limit. 

2 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Much as I love the vivid pictures you paint of summer in Madras, I hopelessly hate summer as much as I love rain with every pore of my being :/

But yes, summer does bring back memories of camps and friends who are not from school and mangoes and vacations in Kerala:)

P.S: Please disable word verification :'(

Zarine Mohideen said...

Oooh I love the rains too! Especially the monsoons.

Word verification disabled :)